Our recipe section will grow as we grow offering many Southern classic recipes as well as heart healthy and diabetic fare. If you have a recipe that you’d like to share, please bring a copy to the market or email the recipe as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark “Recipe” in the reference line.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Cooks.com (Entered by Byron Hanna)
One night we didn’t have all the makings for a good squash casserole, so I went on the internet and started searching for squash recipes. I ran across this one and decided that I would give it a try. It turned out fabulous! It was a creamy, sweet tasting cornbread. My dad loves it, always bugging me to make some more :). Enjoy!
Serves: 8 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour,cornmeal,sugar,baking powder,salt in a large bowl
- Add vegatable oil,sourcream,grated yellow quash,onion, and salt and pepper with dry ingredients
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x9 pan
- Cover with thin slices of butter
- Bake for 1 hour, or until lightly golden on top
Comments added by fellow market members.