Our recipe section will grow as we grow offering many Southern classic recipes as well as heart healthy and diabetic fare. If you have a recipe that you’d like to share, please bring a copy to the market or email the recipe as an attachment to: email@example.com and mark “Recipe” in the reference line.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
"Copper Penny" Carrots
Source: Sandy Run Ruritans (Entered by Liz McCullar)
This is a favorite recipe shared with the Sandy Run Ruritan Club. Always very popular and a great way to eat your carrots!
Serves: Serves 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine first seven ingredients in a sauce pan and heat,(marinade)stirring until well blended; set aside to cool.
- Peel and slice carrots about 1/4 inch thick slices. Boil carrots in medium saucepan until tender, but not soft! Drain weel.
- Slice bell pepper and onion into rings or thin strips.
- Use a large glass jar with lid or a glass bowl. Alternate layers of carrot slices, bell pepper, and onion.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, cover bowl tight with saran wrap or put lid on jar and refrigerate. Stores well for up to 1 week. Stir weel before serving.
Comments added by fellow market members.