Our recipe section will grow as we grow offering many Southern classic recipes as well as heart healthy and diabetic fare. If you have a recipe that you’d like to share, please bring a copy to the market or email the recipe as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark “Recipe” in the reference line.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Vista Marketplace Cookbook (Entered by Liz McCullar)
Easy, quick and yummy!
Serves: Serves 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Soak for thirty minutes in salted cold water
- Pour off water, rinse and let drain in colander to remove excess water.
- Place in medium size bowl, season with pepper and pour dressing over slices.
- Toss well and let marinate for approximately 15 minutes while you heat the grill.
- Grease the grates on grill. Place slices directly on grill. Leave in place until grill marks are present and eggplant slices come loose. Flip over and get grill marks on other side. Cook until your desired doneness.
Comments added by fellow market members.