WELCOME TO THE VISTA’S NEW ONLINE FARMERS AND FRIENDS MARKET.
The Vista Marketplace is a simple solution to help our customers support not only local farmers, but also small South Carolina businesses – such as gourmet foods, meats, cheeses, baked goods, soap and other body care products, candles, hand made jewelry, clothing items, and milled products. Purchasing these products from local rather than national and international sources helps to move our local economy in a more sustainable direction. This fully coordinated online ordering system allows the farmer more time tending to his crops instead of “manning” a traditional booth, table or produce stand. Our Farmers and Vendors will make “guest appearances” when their schedules allow. This concept has been used successfully for many years throughout the United States and is now being offered to Columbia and the surrounding areas to assist our local South Carolina farmers to get their products from the Fields To Your Table. You in turn Get the Freshest South Carolina has to offer!
We invite you to order online the best locally grown produce and products that South Carolina has to offer.
The Market Works Like This…
1. First thing you do is sign up for an account by clicking on “SIGN IN” at the top of the page. Scroll down page to sign up as a New Customer. Once you have an account you will be notified by email each Thursday afternoon when the market opens.
2. Growers/Vendors display all of their goods online by describing what is available, supplying the photos of the items, and setting their own prices.
3. Customers can browse through the products and buy from all or just one of the Growers/Vendors.
4. Customers have from Saturday until Wednesday 6:00pm each week to make their selections and place their orders.
5. Growers/Vendors receive your order, they then harvest or produce your order, package it and deliver it just prior to the pick-up time. Currently, orders are being delivered to your downtown offices or pickup at the Vista Marketplace (traditional farmers market) at 711 Whaley St. on Saturdays from 9:00am -1:00pm.
Availability Can Change. It takes skill and practice to predict what your harvest will be, so please be patience with the farmers. Unpredictable factors can change availability between offer date and harvest date. The site actually continues to accept orders even after availability has been met. The farmers will make every effort to fill your order or notify you.
8. If you place an order but for whatever reason do not arrive to pick it up, you are still responsible for paying for that order.
How we Operate…
The management/operation of the Vista Marketplace is run by volunteers. To help us provide this website, and to help us with our overhead costs, we ask that you pay a small annual fee of $40.00 per household for one calendar year. You are welcome to try us for two orders before officially becoming members. This fee is being waived for the first year (for the first 50 families), however, any donations to help off-set operational expenses will be greatly appreciated. Anyone participating in the Collective Buying Program will be asked to provide a $5.00 deposit on the baskets. (please view Q&A Tab and read “Will I have to buy vegetables I do not want?” for additional information on program)
We take orders from Thursday afternoon through Sunday evening until 9:00pm for pickup/delivery the following Wednesday. Any later orders must be confirmed via email to assure availability.
If you have any problems placing an order on this site, please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or text message 803 917-4702. For routine questions, email & text is preferred over a phone call.
Please be sure you understand who we are and how we work before you create an account and place an order! These farmers and vendors are custom filling your orders and you are expected to pickup these products or if you wish, they can be delivered for an additional fee. The Market managers will email you the night before as a reminder and will make every effort to call you before the market closes to remind you that your order needs to be picked up. Since your failure to pickup your items would be of no fault of the vendor, and he/she is not at the market to retrieve any leftovers, they NEED TO BE PAID. Should an unexpected event or emergency occur, please call us and we will make arrangements for you to get your merchandise. Items not picked up will be donated to a local food bank or shelter and charged to your account. Thank you so much for understanding.